Our client, the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario is the not-for-profit organization established by the Provincial Government to regulate the conduct of Registered Massage Therapists (RMT) in the Province of Ontario through the provisions of the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991. Its mandate is to ensure that the public interest is placed at the centre of all College activities. This means that the focus is maintained on consumer needs, including the right to the provision of high quality, safe and ethical healthcare and that Massage Therapists are held accountable for the care they provide to the public of Ontario.
Your Opportunity to Make a Difference
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, the Manager, Communications is responsible for conveying CMTO’s internal and external messages to all stakeholder groups. The Manager ensures College materials are accurate, well written, without errors and shared using the most appropriate and effective communication channels. The Manager develops and implements communication strategies to support the organization and its program areas. This position is responsible for demonstrating a commitment to the College’s values and beliefs and for contributing to the strategic goals of the organization.
Additional key accountabilities include:
- Develop and manage College communication materials to build and improve communications and public relations with internal and external audiences
- Implementing the CMTO’s website strategy to ensure content is kept up-to-date and ensure optimal navigation
- Develop and execute e-communications (e-blasts) to registrants and other stakeholders
- Create communication templates and ensure all College communication materials are consistent and reflect corporate branding
- Manage the Communications Consultant to ensure graphic content is consistent with CMTO messaging and style
- Corporate Communications Leadership: A proven track record with five or more years of experience in managing the communications function, internal and external, including online communication and internal stakeholder communications, preferably within a regulatory health environment
- Healthcare, Regulatory or Related Sector Knowledge: a thorough understanding of the College’s business; Understanding of health regulatory environment; Understands and/or has experience with Board or Council run organizations;
- Communications and Writing skills: Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills in conveying complex and routine concepts and material effectively (using succinct, simple language and tactfulness); Well developed research and proofreading skills to ensure all materials are high-quality and accurate; Proven ability to listen critically and actively
- Project and Time Management: Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and planning skills, and able to manage multiple tasks at different stages; Uses sound judgment in decision-making and problem-solving and issue identification / escalation;
- Interpersonal Relationships: Builds relationships within and outside the organization to facilitate change and decisions; Team player with self-starter behaviour and strong aptitude for fast-paced work and learning;
- Computer Literacy: Demonstrated excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and Word Press and other tools related to
- Language skills: Fluency in French is an asset.
- Education and Professional Designations: A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism; or College diploma preferably in Online Communications, Content Management, Communications or Marketing; also preferred: Specialized knowledge in graphic/website design and maintenance, social media, online communications.
This position is located in Toronto, Ontario. The CMTO is an equal opportunity employer and offers a comprehensive benefits and salary package commensurate with responsibilities and experience.
How to be considered for this Opportunity
To explore this opportunity in detail please apply online through our partners website. If you require contact Amy Oliveira, Research Manager at 1-888-281-9557.