The Halton Regional Police Service is proud to serve the residents of Halton and is dedicated to providing proactive, reactive and preventative policing strategies to the growing communities of Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills. According to recent demographic trends, Halton Region is experiencing the 3rd fastest population increase in the GTA. Meeting the needs of its ever changing and growing population base through innovative information technology solutions to support policing is our top priority.
An exciting opportunity exists for an IT Infrastructure Analyst to join our dynamic Information Technology team. You will play a key role in the growth of our critical technology solutions to support the short and long term goals of the Halton Regional Police Service.
The current technological environment is a highly integrated and complex high availability environment consisting of:
- Mission Critical 911 Data and Voice Applications
- HP Server Infrastructure
- Enterprise level Cisco routing, switching and WLANs
- Diversified Network links
- Virtual Server Farms
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Virtual application delivery
- Integrated Microwave Network
- Firewalls/Intrusion Protection
- Integrated Tiered Storage Solutions
- Microsoft Exchange Messaging
- Compliance Archival /Retention and Backup
- ITIL Change Advisory Commitments
Your Opportunity to Make a Difference
The IT Infrastructure Analyst will design, test and implement and determine the specification for the new or enhanced infrastructure solutions. As a key member of the infrastructure team, you will support over five locations in a complex network environment which will include networking, voice, security, server, applications and storage topologies.
Key projects that you will both lead and participate in include:
- Server Virtualization
- Firewall Upgrades
- Upcoming VoIP Migration
- Next Generation 9-1-1 Implementation
- New Technology Assessments and Selection
- Storage Expansion
- Backup Architecture
- In-Building WLAN deployment
- Desktop and Application Virtualizaiton
- New Data Center Design and Capacity Planning
- Mobile Devices (Tablets, Smartphones)
- Disaster Recovery Expansion
- Active Directory Optimization
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively managing infrastructure to ensure capacity, availability and stability are maintained in accordance to the business and technical requirements.
- Independently configuring, installing, and maintaining network devices, server and network attached storage devices, firewalls, telephony devices, servers, backup devices, and related equipment.
- Coordinating the infrastructure changes for building renovations, moves and/or changes which includes but not limited to structured cabling, telephony planning, power capacity planning, Audio Visual (A.V.) equipment and other equipment as required.
- Keeping documentation for infrastructure topology current including schematics, tables, and logic diagrams needed in problem analysis.
- Maintaining familiarity with RCMP technology security guidelines to ensure compliance.
Your Professional Qualifications:
Your qualifications will include successful and progressive experience as an Infrastructure Analyst in an Information Technology Department that supports high-availability and mission critical applications. In addition your experience should encompass the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Education: Minimum community college diploma in a computer science, network or related field or equivalent experience.
- Technical Certifications: Certification in Cisco or other relevant network certifications would be considered an asset. An equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Infrastructure and Networking Experience: Minimum of 3 years of related work experience such as working independently on implementing / programming switches, routers, wireless access points, wireless bridges and firewalls is required. Experience in associated support tools and managing QoS is preferred as is an ability to work in to work with established policies and procedures supporting a critical high availability environment
- Cisco Skills and Experience: Experience in IP Telephony and Cisco Unified Communications Managers (Call Manager) is considered an asset.
- Technical Problem Solving: Excellent problem solving skills to identify key elements in complex infrastructure issues and recommend possible solutions by taking into consideration the technical and business implications, not readily obvious to others.
- Analytical and Abilities: Solid judgment skills when working on problem situations in order to minimize the exposure to our environment while taking into account technical and business impacts and planning for future growth.
- Project Management: Superior organization and planning skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects to ensure the commitments are met.
- Team Work: Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to build and maintain effective relationships with external vendors.
- Achievement Orientation: Self-motivated with strong results orientation including the ability to work independently and in a team environment under tight timelines to achieve objectives within organizational policies.
- Communication and Interpersonal Abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate, cooperates and interacts well with others including keeping commitments; accepting responsibility and being accountable.
Location and other Considerations:
This position is located at our client Head Office in Oakville. It offers candidates an exciting workplace opportunity and the option for a balanced lifestyle, away from the hectic commute to the city. This role will require on-call responsibilities and work outside of traditional work hours as required.
Halton Police offer a competitive benefits package, which includes but is not limited to healthcare benefits (i.e. dental, vision care), paid leave (i.e. annual vacation and 13 designated holidays) and pension plan through Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement System (OMERS). This location also offers an on-site gym and cafeteria.
How to be considered for this opportunity:
To find out more about this opportunity in detail and to apply online, please apply online.Should you wish to speak with Recruitment Consultant please contact David Goulbourne at 905-361-8745, alternatively you can email David directly at firstname.lastname@example.org