Our client is Toronto based professional services firm; we are recruiting on their behalf for a “hands-on” Project Manager who will report to the VP of Information Technology. This position is responsible to manage the implementation of multiple, simultaneous projects to ensure they are delivered on time and on budget with assigned resources and meet the needs of the firm. Please note that our client has a small IT team consisting of less than 20 staff. This role will have greatest appeal to individuals who wish to lead projects in the 50K to 500K range, managing small projects teams and vendors in a packaged solutions environment.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Accountability for all aspects of assigned projects including; delivery, performance to schedule, performance to budget, cash flow.
- Manages the schedule of all project phases, inter-dependencies, governance, risks and milestones, update schedules and initiate corrective action through the project work stream Leader(s).
- Maintains overall project plan using tools as assigned and support maintenance of issues log and status updates, changes as required for the project work stream.
- Ensures that adequate resources (resource pools) are assigned to all project tasks.
- Elevates deficiencies to project work sponsor or governance committees.
- Ensures that all problems related to tasks are being addressed and tasks are progressing as effectively as possible.
- Maintenance of overall budget and track overall costs for assigned work stream(s); ensures that all costs are accurately charged to the project.
- Provides communications to project team and stakeholders as required.
- Conducts regular project meetings with Management Committee/Operating Committee and stakeholders as required including recording and distributing the minutes for these meetings in a prescribed form.
- Responsible for the preparation of business cases and RFP’s, RFI’s, tenders or quotes supporting specific initiatives across all projects.
- Partnering with business users to gather or confirm all requirements to formulate business specifications and translating those into business functionality.
- Documents workflows and results of business analysis and obtaining sign-off from users on specifications.
- Designs and executes test plans to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are implemented properly and meet objectives.
- Education: Post-secondary education in information technology, business administration, a related discipline or equivalent work experience. A post-graduate education is consider and asset.
- Leadership: 4 to 8 years leadership experience in the public or private sector including extensive business applications and/or IT knowledge. This includes the ability to align both internal and external stakeholders to organizational values, priorities and to lead stakeholder teams through change.
- Project Management Experience: 3 to 5 years proven project management experience providing implementation oversight of small to mid-scale IT infrastructure or business initiatives involving multiple vendors and stakeholders; managing multiple projects, prioritizing conflicting priorities with limited resources and successfully meeting project objectives.
- PM Methods: Knowledge and experience with Project Management methods and tools, ideally as it relates to management of a multiple projects; PMP certification is considered an asset.
- Stakeholder Management/Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including management committees and technology service vendors.
- Influence and Results Orientation: Effective consensus building and facilitation skills with stakeholders that they may not directly control including an ability to turn consensus into actionable and deliverable (practical) solutions
- Negotiation: Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict in a positive fashion.
- Problem Solving and Analysis: Excellent abilities to analyze and interpret complex information to deliver a solution that meets business needs.
- Communication: Exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities including the ability to engage stakeholders and build/maintain relationships. Previous experience working with Executive teams and Management Committees is essential.
This position is located in Toronto, Ontario.
HOW TO BE CONSIDERED
To further explore this opportunity please contact Jon Stungevicius, Waterhouse Executive Search at 416-214-9233 or submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting file reference #CON-PM.